- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 package of 99g jello instant pistachio pudding
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios (keep some for the side or topping)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Dry ingredients: Combine the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt.
- Put butter (room temperature) and sugar in kitchen aid mixture(This is not an affiliated link. Just what I used. You can use any other mixture tool)
- Mix butter and sugar until its pale white and fluffy
- Add in the pistachio pudding mix and combine thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time from side of the mixer
- Put in vanilla extract
- Mix in the chopped pistachios.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to batter altering with sour cream
- In the mean time , preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray or use brush to grease a 10 cup cake pan with vegetable oil. Also sprinkle a little bit of all purpose flour in the pan and cover the pan from inside with it. This is to make sure the cake does not stick once done, and comes out easily. But make sure you invert the pan and tap the excess flour out of the pan.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 60-70 minutes. Carefully insert a cake tester (You can use a wooden stick or toothpick) It should come out clean when the cake is done.
- Cool the cake on a wire rack for about 10-15 minutes before inverting on a tray to cool completely.
Frost with Pistachio Pudding Buttercream Icing when the cake has completely cooled and sprinkle the remaining pistachios over the icing.