Chocolate dipped strawberries is one of the exquisite desserts and pretty easy to make with right tips and tricks. This is also low in calories and carbs so you feel less guilty consuming it 🙂
Hope you guys enjoy making and serving these yummy bite size desserts.
- Fresh strawberries – 1 Pack (about 12-15)
- Milk Chocoloate chips (1.5 cups)
- Virgin coconut oil (2-3 tsp)
- For piping/decoration: white chocolate or milk chocolate 1/2 cup
- For piping/decoration: piping bag / tips (used for cake decoration)
- Wash the strawberries and dry them. Make sure they are fully dried.
- Insert a toothpick at the top so they are easier to hold while dipping in the chocolate
3. Get Chocolate ready
4. Take a pan and fill it with little less that 1/2 with water and bring it to boil. Now put a bowl on top of it and put 1.5 cup chocolate and 2-3tsp coconut oil and melt it. Keep the flame low.
5. Keep stirring so it doesn’t burn. As soon as its melted turn the gas off.
6. Prepare the surface. Take simple tray or baking tray and put a parchment paper on top. Tip: Put some oil on tray so the parchment paper sticks nicely.
7. Pick the strawberry with toothpick and dip in the chocolate bowl
8. Remove excess chocolate by dapping the strawberry at the edge of the bowl and lay flat on the tray you just prepared.
9. Now this is the time to add some coconut or crushed nuts if you want on the strawberries so it sticks on the surface.
10. Put the tray in the fridge for 30-45 mins for solidifying.
Steps from below here are optional and only if you need to do some piping.
11. Depending on which chocolate icing you want to do follow melting chocolate same as steps 4-5 and fill them in piping bag. Alternatively you can fill the chocolate in a ziploc bag , put it in microwave for 15-20 secs, squish the chocolate by your hands and form a piping bag. Cut the corner just a tiny bit.
12. Now take out the stawberries from the fridge. Make sure the chocolate on top is solidified and pipe any design on the strawberries.
13. After piping , keep the strawberries yet again in the fridge.
And voila your strawberries are ready to be served! These stay good for about 3 days.
Serve it whichever way you want. Also good for gifting 🙂