Things you would need:
- Ikea side table
- Wooden legs (height depending on how high you want the ottoman)
- Spray paint
- Home decor Fabric
- Foam (atleast 3-4″ thick)
- Upholstery stapler gun
- 4 Heavy duty top plate
- Spray adhesive which can stick foam
- Simple screwdriver
Prepare legs. Spray paint them outside and keep them to dry overnight.
- Remove the legs from the ikea table
- Clean the table surface
- Cut the foam same size as the top of the table
- Cut batting atleast 4 inches more on all sides.
- Mark on all 4 sides where the legs would go. Leave enough space for fabric to come in.
- Screw in top plates at equal distance from all sides
- Now you can upholster the ottoman by putting batting on top of foam and stapling it towards the back
- On top of this put the fabric and repeat stapling part.
- Now you can screw in the wooden legs.