- Ikea Bookshelf
- 1.5″ in width wood cut to the length of the bookshelf
- 2-3″ inch Foam
- Any Batting
- Heavy-duty Stapler Gun for Upholstery
- Any Decorative Fabric
- Gather the items.
2. Cut the foam the same size as the wood piece, Stick the foam on the wood. I used wood glue but you can use any kind of heavy glue. Let your toddler help out 🙂
3. Cut the batting at least 3 inches extra on each side of the wood. Put the batting on top of the foam and staple it at the back of the wood.
4. Put the fabric on top of the batting and make sure its tightly held and stapled behind.
5. Put the newly upholstered bench on top of the bookcase lying horizontally. Insert some cubes for storage and voila!!