I have personally tried multiple laundry detergent recipes and the one which worked for me is below one.
This will make 320 loads.
Things I used:
Simple food processor and blender would be okay too but I haven’t tried grating soap in that so please use at your own risk so it wouldn’t damage the machine.
- 1 box Super Washing Soda, 3 lb. 7 oz
- 1 box Baking Soda, 4 lb.
- 4 bars Kirk’s Original Coco Castile Soap, Fragrance Free, 4 oz. ea.(zote or fels naptha also would work)
- 1 container OxiClean Baby, 3 lbs
- Epsom Salt, 28 oz (3 cups)
- Use food processor to shred the castile soap (use food processor at your own risk 🙂 Mine worked fine)
- I would recommend churning it in as well.
- Mix all the above together
Tips & Trick
- When I started using this , the castile soap was not shredded a little bit thick and so it left a white residue on the woolen clothes since it was harder to dissolve. Trick is to powder the mix completely using a blender.
- Other mistake I made was to put a large quantity of powder in the blender and the blades of the blender got stuck 😦 Ideally put smaller amounts and scrap the powder often so the blender is saved. Thankfully mine worked after cooling down.
- Put the powder directly on the clothes while turning the machine on instead of in the allocated detergent area. This worked well for me in helping it dissolve faster.
- Use white vinegar about 1/2 cup in the softener compartment of the washing machine. It acts like a really good softener.