When I was researching on what bad things I use in my kitchen I came across many articles including this one. Below is the excerpt from this article which hit me hard.
Do you know a type of glycol ether is frequently found in popular cleaning products such as Windex Aerosol, Formula 409, Lemon Fresh Pine-Sol and Simple Green. Some animal studies indicate that it produces reproductive problems, such as testicular damage, reduced fertility, death of embryos and birth defects. People exposed to high levels of EGBE for several hours have reported nose and eye irritation, headaches, vomiting and a metallic taste in their mouths, studies show.
It’s difficult for consumers to know whether their favorite cleaner contains the chemical because manufacturers aren’t required to list it on the label. Neither the state nor the federal government regulates indoor air pollution, for instance how the cleaners might degrade air inside a home.
Please read the article in its entirety to know what we are unknowingly doing to ourself and our loved ones.
Hence my research for a chemical free cleaner started. And again I tried multiple recipes before I could find one which worked for me.
- 1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
- 1/3 cup white/distilled vinegar
- distilled water
- Put rubbing alcohol and vinegar in a 16 oz spray bottle.
- Fill up with distilled water.
- Shake gently
- Use 🙂
Dos and Don’t
- Refrain from using tap water since the shelf life of your cleaner will be much reduced.
- If your bottle is smaller (I did this mistake) then reduce the quantity of ingredients appropriately else it will smell really strong.
Happy Cleaning with healthy family and fraction of a cost!