- 2 cups distilled water
- 1/4 th cup rubbing alcohol
- 2-3 drops of dishwashing liquid
- 6-8 drops of essential oil e.g lavender
- Mix all the ingredients and use it in a spray bottle.
Dos and Don’t
- Do not use lemon essential oil since its acidic in nature and might harm granite if it has citric acid.
- Do not use vinegar or Windex to clean granite as the use of this might dull and weaken the sealant over time.
What I learned?
If the granite is soaking up water or oil, its time to reseal the countertop.