- Hari mirch/ Green chillies (thin ones) 100 grams
- Saunf / fennel seeds 3 tsp
- Methi / fenugreek seeds 1.5 tsp
- Jeera 1 tsp
- Rai / Black mustard seeds 3 tsp
- Haldi / Turmeric 1 tsp
- Pinch of hing / asafoetida
- Salt 1.5 tsp
- Mustard oil 4 tsp
- Vinegar 4 tsp
1. Pull the twigs off the head of green chillies.
2. You can also get a helper if you want ( Don’t worry I didn’t let her do that for long and washed her hands completely :))
3. Measure 100 gms on weighing scale ,wash them properly and make sure all the water is absorbed on paper towel before you start making the pickle.
4. Split the green chillies length wise using a scissor (Tip: Make sure you put the gloves on before doing this step else it will burn your fingers 😦 Happened to me :()
5. Roast saunf (fennel seeds), methi (fenugreek seeds), mustard seeds , jeera (not a whole lot) and then use mortar and pestle to grind the spices by hand (You can use grinder but the actual taste of the spices come when you use the pestle)
6. Optional: Heat up some mustard oil and then cool it down.
7. Mix all the above spices, haldi (turmeric) , salt , with green chillies, vinegar and mustard oil.
8. Mix them properly.
9. Put it in the jar and voila! Enjoy with food 🙂
**Credit : Inspired by Nisha Madulika